Taking Moments To Connect With Your Favourite Cuppa Tea
They say the joy of life is in taking a moment to smell the flowers and singing with the bees. Unless you stay in the countryside, this seems a tad bit difficult but there’s always the blissful aroma of your favourite tea leaves to the rescue!
For anyone who loves tea, relishing those tea moments and savouring every sip can be supremely rejuvenating for the senses. Tea can become a gateway to starting meaningful conversations with your consciousness!
Creating enchanting tea moments is not just about pouring hot water into a cup and adding your favourite tea leaves. Start by having your favourite brew in a relaxing setting. The relaxed moments help you reach a higher level of mindfulness as you reflect deeply with each sip.
Creating a Tea Ritual
Tea rituals are common in countries like Japan, China and Korea but even outside of the Asian continent, tea culture is becoming a thing in countries like the U.S, all thanks to the millennials. A tea ritual simply put, is a ceremonial way of preparing and drinking tea. You can create tea rituals that help you feel better in moments when you don't feel like yourself.
The process is simple. All you have to do is pick your favourite mug and a favourite brewing set or kettle if any. Then, choose your preferred tea leaves. You can have a special tea for different moods or for different times during the day.
Keep your teas in a special place or a special container that is not only visually appealing but also helps make your tea ritual a sacred time. Creating a tea ritual means that everything used in the ritual has a special meaning for you and every step makes you feel happy.
Brewing your chosen tea the right way helps you get the optimal flavour and enhance your tea moments. The most important step of a tea ritual is picking out a relaxed space where you want to enjoy your moments to drink tea.
Make your tea time special
You’ve created your tea ritual and it’s working wonders for you. However, if you still feel something is missing to give you the tea connect you need, here are a few things you can do for that extra zing:
- As you put your tea into the cup, watch the colour change while the tea is steeping.
- You can light your favourite incense or candle while sipping tea. Aromas help invigorate our senses and paying attention to the smell of herbs in your herbal or wellness tea has a soothing effect.
- Having a playlist of go-to songs as you relish every sip of your cuppa is a great way to transport yourself to a happy place.
- Experiment with different flavours of tea. There are green teas, black teas, herbal teas and wellness teas to try. You’ll be spoilt for choice once you decide to try different kinds of teas.
- Pair your tea with your favourite sandwiches, biscuits, tea cakes or other knick-knacks.
- Sip consciously, as every sip can be a rejuvenating moment to enjoy!
Tea rituals should be fun and flexible. Tweak them based on your mood or season at the moment. You can keep modifying your tea ritual till you have one that you feel is perfect for you. They should be a reminder for you to calm down, destress, and spend quality moments with yourself and with your family and friends.
Create your tea moments with the wide range of teas from Olinda that are infused with herbs that will delight the senses. Free from any artificial preservatives and GMOs, these blends are inspired by the ancient science of Ayurveda and can help align your body, mind, and spirit. Happy sipping folks!